Friday, February 22, 2013

Hodge Hall: Week 41 -- The view from my desk

The second and third floors now have walls separating the space into classrooms.

In about a year and a half, when I look out my window onto the Hodge Hall Undergraduate Center, I will know that behind that wall are about 700 students doing some Big Thinking in eight new classrooms.

You can see the walls on the second and third floors for the 60-seat tiered classrooms, two on each floor. There will be two on the fourth floor as well. On the ground floor, there will be two 180-seat theater-style classrooms. That's just on the Fee Lane side. And they'll be full of future financiers, marketers, CEOs, supply chain managers, consultants, entrepreneurs, accountants....

In about a year and a half, when I look out my window onto the Hodge Hall Undergraduate Center, I will know that students are walking across an open lobby with high ceilings and high expectations to grab a cup of coffee and sit down with classmates in the collaboration areas on the first floor.

Nathan Morrison, Kelley's construction overseer, says the crew is ready to pour the slab on that floor as soon as we get a little cooperation with the weather.

In about a year and a half, when I look out my window onto the Hodge Hall Undergraduate Center, I will know all of the hard work and tons of steel and concrete and thousands of feet of cable and pipe that went in to making this a building that will transform business education.

For now, I see the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment