Friday, May 18, 2012

Hodge Hall: The view from my desk

Week 1: Prep work includes blocking off Fee Lane and busting through the pavement.
I have a front-row seat to the expansion and renovation of the Hodge Hall Undergraduate Center.

The Office of Marketing and Communications is on the second floor of Kelley's Godfrey Graduate and Executive Education Center. The wall behind my desk is practically all window, which provides me the perfect place to see the progress of Hodge Hall just on the other side of Fee Lane.

This week we've been working to the machine-gun sounds of jack hammers and the "beep, beep, beep" of large construction equipment backing up. What happens out there reverberates in here. We've gotten so used to it that we only notice when it stops.

I'll be blogging each week about the construction as we build the future of Kelley. Please follow along and feel free to ask questions or leave ideas for blog entries in the comments, or email me at jsdonlon@indiana. edu. It's a great way for you to be part of this historic project -- without all the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment