Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Social Impact through women entrepreneurs

After spending nine days in Fiji, I am convinced this experience has changed my life forever. 


I can highlight so many things about this trip, but the best was being part of this amazing project whose main objective is to make a positive impact in the life of women entrepreneurs and their families. That’s definitively one of the things I always wanted to get from my MBA, and it happened!


We met our goal; we interviewed 101 women who never stopped surprising us with their stories. They were so open to share their ideas, their culture and even welcome us at their homes. I am so impressed with the enormous potential that this country has, not only because it is so rich in terms of material resources but also because its people are great – including all the organizations that are willing to help and improve the life of these communities. 


Throughout these days, we gained a better understanding of the importance of the role of culture in Fijian microfinance and the huge need for projects like SPBD’s to make a real impact in the life of these communities.


I can’t wait for SPBD to start operations and know how the life of these women and their families is being changed.


Guest blog entry provided by Rocio Ortiz, 2011 Kelley MBA Candidate, Indiana University

No comments:

Post a Comment